More face cap

ProjectPalitoy

More face cap

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

Not had time to get it on his face rig yet....

But another great sunday just getting markered up and having a blast just for sh*ts and giggles.

http://vimeo.com/19633440

Love the bit when Dave realises that hands in fornt of the face still dont affect the capture.

12 cameras.... the only way to go ;)
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: More face cap

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Great vid, ProjectPalitoy!
farstar

Post by farstar »

ProjectPalitoy,
great video loving it. I do have a question are you doing three point calibrations? today was my first time on trying to use exspression and I was not able to set a ground plane after doing the three point calubration the ground plane button was grayed out. I was able to set a ground plane if I did the 1 point calibration.
ProjectPalitoy

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

will need a bit more info from you...

How high of the floor are you setting your ground plane?

As a rule of thumb, I tend to set it up using the following.

Rather than favouring the mid point of the face volume (the plane that resides exactly between the lower cameras and the upper ones, I set the ground plane calibration square level with the lower cameras so that all six of the upper cameras can see the three markers on the calibration tool. Thats all that is required to set the floor plane.

I use a cheap spare tripod that allows me to adjust the height of the square accordingly.

You say its "greyed out". But is the floor calibration tool still giving you a marker count read?

if your three marker wand calibration (using a smaller custom made wand) gave you excellent results, then the only thing I can think of is that the floor tool is probably set too high in your volume...

I have been planning on making a little video tour of the set-up process anyway, so keep an eye out for that. In the mean time, please keep this thread updated with your results.

if you have access to a video phone, stick something up on vimeo so that we can see whats what...

Cheers
farstar

Post by farstar »

Thank you for the response to my question. Yesterday I finally had success on doing a three point calibartion and getting the ground plane button to work. What I did to get it to work was to move may cameras further apart to 3 feet instead of 2 feet. I will be sure to post some of my works in progress as well.
Thanks again
DonBurroni

Post by DonBurroni »

where do i send the money, they need those golf clubs!!
LOL

great stuff
12cams all the way baby!