Problem with making Rigid bodies

IanCharles

Problem with making Rigid bodies

Post by IanCharles »

I'm trying to make a rigid body for a motion capture. The problem is that although I select the right markers in the Rigid Body Wizard, when I Finish the wizard, the markers that actually get the rigid body are on the opposite side of the body (i.e. I select three markers on the subject's right thigh, and the rigid body ends up on the analogous markers on the left thigh).

I have no idea why this is happening. I apologize in advance for being new to this program, and am probably missing something obvious.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Problem with making Rigid bodies

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

First things first, are your thigh markers offset from eachother? Left and right thigh markers should be in noticably different places on the thighs to allow Arena to tell the difference between the two.
JustinDenton

Post by JustinDenton »

Mike's advice here is good.

Also, not that you are doing this, but another good thing to remember is never let any of your markers in a rigid body form an equilateral triangle. As soon as you do, you will get flipping (marker swap) and/or Arena will start looking at other markers with the same distance as possibly being your rigid body.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Out of curiosity, how many rigid bodies have you defined for this mootion capture?