custom advance face rig working!!

Diegolum

Re: custom advance face rig working!!

Post by Diegolum »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Not a problem.

When you start the calculation process (after wanding), the system will display a table in the bottom right corner of the screen that shows each camera, and the information associated with it. As the mean error for each camera drops, a value is associated with it. In ascending order:
Poor > Fair > Good > Great > Excellent > Exceptional

Exceptional is the rating given to a camera when it's mean error is at or below .150.

At the same time, at the top of the screen is a drop down with an option for calibration quality. Default is medium. When you start running, just leave it as is until all cameras read exceptional. If your wanding was good enough, this should not take too long (a few minutes). Once they are all exceptional, don't apply the results! Instead, you can go to the quality drop down, and change it from medium to high. Repeat for very high. [/quote]

HI Mike,

Please can you be more specific about this calibration technique? we never saw the "Exceptional" value just the "Excelent" one. Also the "table in the bottom right corner" not appears, we are on Arena 1.4.0000.

Until now we never get a free jitter motion capture with our 8 cameras set up, our calibration is usually 6 "Excellent" cameras and two "Great".

Please can you explain more clearly this technique?

Thanks in advance

Diego
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Are you using the 1 marker wand calibration?
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Yes we are using the one marker wand calibration, the one that comes with the 8 cameras kit. the small one that is like a magic wand.

Is there another way to calibrate? Please tell us.

thanks
Diego
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Hi Mike,

Sorry we are waiting for your instruction about your calibration technique.

Please if you can be a little more specific or include some screen shot that could be a really big help for us that we are beginners on motion capture. Until now we are getting a very "jitter" motion captures with our 8 cameras setup.

Thanks in advance

Diego
bsteagal

Post by bsteagal »

Hi Diegolum

What Mike is referring to is that Arena can use a 3 marker wand, which gives much better results than the 1 marker wand. I also would like to find out what version of the software are you using?

Here's a demo from another user who made their own wand specific for expression...

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post47247
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Hi Bryan,

Thank you very much for the very helpful answer,

I'll try whit the 3 markers wand, but Im on Arena 1.4.

Please is it possible to do with Arena 1.4?

Thanks a lot.

Diego
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Well, if you're using 1.4, then 1 marker is the only mode available to you. I would encourage updating your license not just for this, but for many other features that have been added since then as well.

To increase the effectiveness of a single marker calibration, I would set calibration accuracy to very high, and min camera coverage up to at least 3. Make sure when wanding that you get as much data as possible. Try to completely fill the individual camera views with green lines. Our wanding and solving video can offer some hints on how to move around the space when wanding. After the initial passes, look at the screens, find weak spots, and wand specifically to them.
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Hi Mike,

thanks for the detailed information.

I have 8 X Flex:V100 cameras, upgrading Arena from 1.4 to 1.7.3 is around 1000$.

Please, do you think I can take advantage of version 1.7.3 with the Flex V: 100 cameras?

If I upgrade just until 1.6.3 (500$) will be the 3 markers calibration available?

Thanks for your support.

Diego
bsteagal

Post by bsteagal »

Diego

I have the same cameras as you do, and you can use version 1.7.3 with them and take full advantage of the 3 marker calibration and other features.. I don't remember what version actually started using the 3 marker calibration though.. I'll let Mike answer that question..
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
Diegolum

Post by Diegolum »

Hi Bryan,

Seems that the 3 markers calibration option is available from version 1.6

I do not know if I have the right to just upgrade to version 1.6

Please can you tell me if Version 1.7.3 has improvements on the "vibration" of the markers? our main problem now is that we always get motion captures with a little vibrating bones, even applying the smoothing filter is still noticing.
when we make fast movements do not notice but in subtle movements there is always a vibration spoiling the capture.

Please do you know if Arena has improvement from version 1.6 to 1.7.3 on this "Vibrating bones" level or maybe just with the 3 markers calibration the "vibrating bones" can be fixed?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

Diego