how to track props

kitesflyer

how to track props

Post by kitesflyer »

How can I track the motion of a sword in a characters hands inside of Arena? any one please suggest me.
Seth Steiling

Re: how to track props

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Kitesflyer,

You should use the Rigid Body Wizard to create a new trackable object in ARENA. For more info, you can watch the Rigid Body Wizard video under "Defining Skeletons and Rigid Bodies" here:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... rials.html
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
kitesflyer

Post by kitesflyer »

Thank you Seth :)
kitesflyer

Post by kitesflyer »

Hi seth I did it,I placed 4 markers on a sword prop and followed the procedure mentioned in the tutorial.It tracked properly now I trajectorized and exorted bvh from the takes but the rigid body motion is not getting trajectorized neither can I figure out how to take the motion of the sword prop and apply it to an actual object in Softimage.Any suggestions would help me.
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Hi Kitesflyer,

After trajectorizing, you can export it as bvh or fbx. If bvh, make sure to select the sword rigid body in the Skeleton dropdown list in the BVH options of the Export dialog.
kitesflyer

Post by kitesflyer »

Thanks Yoshi
kitesflyer

Post by kitesflyer »

oops! I did that but nothing comes in the exported bvh :(
I get only the body mocap no extra joints or so in the bvh.
kitesflyer

Post by kitesflyer »

anybody here plz give me any idea to export the motion of the rigid body.I am stuck :(
kitesflyer

Post by kitesflyer »

My request to support plz help if possible.Nothing comes in the exported bvh I get only the body mocap no extra joints or so in the bvh.I tried what yoshi said but the sword rigid body in the Skeleton dropdown list in the BVH options of the Export dialog is not showing,its only showing "rigid body" but this one always shows up no need to select it.then what am I doing wrong???
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Kitesflyer - I'll take a look at this again when we open on Monday and see if I can't find the reason for the export failure. What version are you using again?