Question about skeleton

laneway

Re: Question about skeleton

Post by laneway »

thank you for your patient relies, mike!
can you tell me that the local data in natnet sdk is relative to it's parent bone or it's inital state?

how does my client app to read the skeleton file(*.skl) exported by arena? because i need to create a mapping relationship about the bones of the skeleton between arena and skeleton animation.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If you are streaming from arena, the bones can be sent as either global orientation or parent-bone specific, with the Hips as the root for the skeleton (and thus always global). Check or uncheck "Local child data" as needed.

The client app should not be reading the .skl file, it's for use by Arena only. When streaming, make sure the skeleton file is loaded (or you are using a trajectorized file which includes skeleton data), and the skeleton will stream with the markers. You can additionally select "skeleton as a rigid body" in streaming options to have each bone appear as individual rigid bodies.
laneway

Post by laneway »

hi,mike!
in arena,i check "Local child data" and "rigidbody data" on the stream page,and click the stream button.
at the same time,i run the example "simpleclient3d" which i modify that it can read the skeleton data.
why the rotation infomation displayed between on the upper-right corner in arena("Rotation(deg):XX") and simpleclient3d.exe("RB XX (yaw:XX, pitch:XX, roll:XX)") is a little different about the same bone?
laneway

Post by laneway »

hi mike!
when i use the 3dsmax9 plugin(ArenaMocap.dlu),i choose a bone in 3dsmax like "arena tutorial video" and click the button "Select Biped",then it cause a error messagebox "Biped initialization failed".can you tell me what reason make it happens?
NaturalPoint - Mike

This could be due to a firewall (even the windows firewall can do this).
laneway

Post by laneway »

but the firewall is close.
and arena and 3dsmax are running on the same computer.
NaturalPoint - Mike

What are the Arena streaming settings?
What settings are you using in 3DS Max?
What versions of both Arena and 3DS Max are you using?
laneway

Post by laneway »

(1)arena streaming setting
default setting like video."right hand coord" and "rigidbody data".

(2)3dsmax setting is also like arena web video.

(3)arena 1.7.3 and 3dsmax 9,32bit.

my problem:
click the button "connect to arena" which connected arena successfully, but click the button "select Biped" which causes a error "Biped initialization failed" messagebox poped up.
laneway

Post by laneway »

hi friends,i encountered a problem.
each joint of the skeleton in arena has the same local coord system, but each joint of the skeleton(T-Pose) created by 3dsmax has different local coord. when transfer arena's skeleton data to my app, do i need to establish a "local coord" mapping about each joint between arena and my App one by one?
NaturalPoint - Mike

How are you getting the data to 3DS max? Are you exporting/importing or streaming?