Question about skeleton

laneway

Question about skeleton

Post by laneway »

1.the markers of a rigidbody can be added or removed.
can the rigidbodies(bones/joints) of a skeleton in arena be added or removed?
if not,how many the rigidbodies of a skeleton.
is the hiberarchy the same as the standard bvh format.
2.can each rigidbody's length of a skeleton in arena be modified?
3.after some time,we needs real-time to capure two people(includeing hand gesture.for example, the hand catches a screwdriver to repair an equipment).
optitrack arena captures the body.
dataglove captures fingers.
is the skeleton data from arena enough to drive a skeleton animation like cal3d?or does it need complex transform?
laneway

Re: Question about skeleton

Post by laneway »

4.what does OtherMarkers in struct "sFrameOfMocapData" do in NatNet SDK?
please,can anyone give me a reply,thanks?
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

I'll try and answer some of these:

1. skeleton format is not exactly the same as bvh. Custom skeletons can be built in Arena.

2. This is an option in Arena - The solver can be changed to either force fixed bone length or allow bone length to change. See Tracking -> Update Bone Length check box in Arena.

3. Skeleton information includes skeleton topology, bone length and joint orientation, which should be sufficent to drive any character animation package. If you have trouble when you go to retarget to Cal3D please let us know and we can help work thru any specific issues.

4. OtherMarkers is a list of "unidentified" markers - those markers which the system triangulated but was unable to ID for that frame.

hope this helps,

Morgan
laneway

Post by laneway »

thanks,Morgan!

now i have another question,
1. do arena and a natnetclient App work better on different computers then on the same computer?
laneway

Post by laneway »

2. in NatNet SDK, the position(x,y,z) and orientation(qx,qy,qz,qw) of the struct "sRigidBodyData" is local or world data?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Position and orientation data can be either global or local depending on the options selected in the streaming application.
laneway

Post by laneway »

thanks,mike!
1. can i use "camera sdk" instead of "natnet sdk" to capture a person?

2. if i use camera sdk ,does it must need arena to transfer the data from hardware?
NaturalPoint - Mike

The camera SDK is a different purpose.

The NatNet SDK allows you to integrate a streaming client into your application, so you can stream from arena to whatever you want.

The Camera SDK allows you to integrate cameras to your application. This bypasses arena entirely, and you would have to build out your own routines including calibration, point cloud solving, skeleton solving, recording, UI, et cetera.
laneway

Post by laneway »

hi,mike!
what is the meaning of "skeleton solving"?
can i use the camera sdk to capture hardware data? to create the skeleton data?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Once the points have been found in 3d space, you may desire to place objects within the point cloud to identify the individual points for reference (head marker 1, arm marker 3, what have you). To do this, you can take a set of pre-defined objects with known marker location, and attempt to find their positions within the cloud of points.In effect, solving the locations of the skeleton within the point cloud.

The camera SDK can be used to get pretty much any known information about the cameras and what they're seeing. What you can use it for is entirely up to your coding ability. The Camera SDK has almost no pre-built software components, it merely allows you access to make your own software that utilizes our cameras and what they see.