Custom Marker Setup possible ?

spencer

Custom Marker Setup possible ?

Post by spencer »

Hello,

is it possible to make a different marker setup for the skeleton, for some special motions ?

for example if i want to capture someone crawling, i would like to move the shin-markers more to the sides or back of the lower leg, and maybe even the toe markers on the feet.

could i do that somehow ?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Custom Marker Setup possible ?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

This is possible, but requires a good deal of adjusting in the skeleton wizard. I can try to write up a walkthrough for this in the next few days.
spencer

Post by spencer »

thanks mike, it would be great to get a quick info about how i would have to do that.

im currently in the studio klicking back and forth through the skeleton wizzard but i dont see a way of changing something.

as soon as i put the markers from the shin/lower leg to the back side
the t-pose cant be found anymore.. and i dont see a way to tell the skeleton where to expect the markers.

just a quick hint might help me allready..
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

With custom skeletons, you can't auto fit the markers. You have to click on the bone that the markers go to, then hold control and click on the individual markers that represent that bone. Unfortunately, there's no undo, so if you mis-assign a marker you will have to start from the beginning again.

Additionally you can use the tools at the top of the skeleton wizard in one of the windows to drag and rotate the bones to align them properly with the pose.

I would recommend you start assigning markers at the hips, then work your way out in an heirarchical fashion.