Biped toe's not getting bvh data from Arena

farstar

Biped toe's not getting bvh data from Arena

Post by farstar »

Hello I just came upon a problem with Arena and I am hoping some one can help me out on this.

I am doing a 38 marker set up so I can get the toe mocap data. When exporting the BVH from Arena I check toes. When applying the BVH to the biped in Max I get a error saying that biped does not recognize Right toe and Left toe. So what happens is that the toes do not animate.
Does anyone know how I can get this working?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Biped toe's not getting bvh data from Arena

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Just a reminder that to properly help diagnose this particular issue, a sample .pt3 and .bvh file would be very helpful. Please send them to support@naturalpoint.com when they are available.
farstar

Post by farstar »

Mike,
I will be more than happy to provide this data to you but I do have a question for you. When you guys at natural point bring in a bvh file with a 38 moarker set with extra data for toes onto a biped rig in Max are you getting this error as well or does it import properly and you are seeing the toe data applied correctly?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

It's worked fine for us in the past, so your data would be key here.
farstar

Post by farstar »

Mike.
This is great news to hear that you guys at natural point are able to get it to work with no issue. I will be sure to get this data to you as soon as possible.
jack
farstar

Post by farstar »

I just wanted to do a follow up on how I got the toe data to work on biped in 3dx max. You must use the Arena streaming plug in and record they data into max with the plug-in plug and not use the biped bvh import option.
NaturalPoint - Brent

Post by NaturalPoint - Brent »

Far_Star,
Thank you for updating this post and letting the community know what you found out.