No Frame Available

Asa_E-E

Re: No Frame Available

Post by Asa_E-E »

visualtest.exe does not detect any cameras.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that Visualtest could take a few to a lot of restarts to work properly with ethernet cameras. It was written for USB primarily and doesn't have a long enough wait period for camera detection.

Also, are you compiling your project as a console application?
Asa_E-E

Post by Asa_E-E »

I'm using none of those. I'm wrapping the API in Cython so I can interface with the cameras using Python.

When you say restart, do you mean restart the cameras or restart visualtest?

Lastly, is there a way to find the FPS using Tracking Tools GUI? In verbose camera info, there is frame rate (this remains constant at the value I set) and visual FPS (which hovers around 45). Are either of these the actual camera frame rate?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

restart visualtest.

Tracking tools shows the camera framerate in verbose camera info. If it appears there properly, then we can rule out the camera.

The reason I ask about compiler type is because it can make a difference depending on the platform. An example I can think of is a customer who was writing a console application that used our cameras. Even though he was doing everything right from the perspective of his program as far as threading/priority goes, it was a console application and windows would just bump the priority of the console window it was running in for other things, which makes an incredibly similar mess when dealing with real-time processing of data.

Put in some debugging code and see if the timing of your application is working properly or if it's being affected by something similar.