Significant slow down and lag with moving trackables & VRPN

gkfricke

Re: Significant slow down and lag with moving trackables & V

Post by gkfricke »

Update:
It took some time to update my control software to work properly with NatNet, but it does now appear to work properly. Once the NatNet stream is enabled, a very steady level of outgoing data can be observed in Task Manager. So far I have only tested with two robots enabled, but the level is the same with either one or two. I have not yet done "long term" tests (i.e., nothing more than a couple of minutes) but NatNet seems to be the answer.

Considering that using the NatNet stream is my solution, I reverted to TrackingTools 2.4.0b1 and observed that the frame rate with TrackingTools seems to be more stable (i.e., 100fps) compared to Motive, which varies from 70-90 fps even though the camera rate stays steady at 100fps. The displayed process time is much, much faster in Motive than TT, so why the decreased stream rate?
beckdo

Re: Significant slow down and lag with moving trackables & V

Post by beckdo »

That is an interesting problem with Motive 1.0.2. I can't say why you're seeing that. We just posted Motive 1.5 Beta 2 today to our web site. If it's not too much of an inconvenience, please give it a try as well. There were a number of specific fixes to streaming and NatNet.