"Unable to stream frame" (any protocol)

hpcv

"Unable to stream frame" (any protocol)

Post by hpcv »

Weirdness... when I check the box "Broadcast frame data" under VRPN Streaming Engine in the Rigid Body Tool, it acts as usual, but my VRPN client cannot connect. Also, when I minimize the Rigid Body Tool, an error dialog pops up titled "VPRN [sic] streaming engine" with the message "Unable to stream frame." and an OK button.

When I try the same with the NatNet or Trackd protocols, the same error appears upon minimizing, only the title differs.

As an aside, some suggestions for improvement:
  • If the problem causing this behaviour occurs, show the error immediately instead of only upon minimizing the application.
  • "VPRN" should be "VRPN" in the dialog's title.
  • The message is... erm... a little bit unhelpful.
Windows Firewall is on, but an exception is allowed for the Rigid Body Tool, as well as ports 3883 TCP and UDP (just to be on the safe side). I can access the internet just fine, so the network connection is alive.

I have reinstalled the Baseline SDK and the Tracking Toolkit (latest versions, 1.1.034 and 1.1.034 Final D). This did not help. However, VRPN streaming from my own application (based on one of the NaturalPoint code samples) using NPRigidBody.dll works just fine (if I use Final B of the toolkit, see other topic).

VRPN streaming used to work great, and I can't remember anything I changed in the meantime. However I have a vague memory that I've seen the error before, but not how (or if) I resolved it. Any ideas on how to solve this problem will be much appreciated! :)
beckdo

Re: "Unable to stream frame" (any protocol)

Post by beckdo »

Thanks for the heads-up. I will take a closer look at the latest version and streaming. It sounds like a bug has crept in.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Ok, I've taken a look at this and didn't see the problems you were having. The latest version of the RB tool uses VRPN version 0.715. I have one suggestion for you, and that's to download VRPN version 0.715 and compile and link your listener application against version 0.715.

Give that a try and let me know if that solves things.
hpcv

Post by hpcv »

I guess my initial post was not clear enough...

The VRPN client version can not be the problem, because the error occurs even when no clients are connected. Also, the TrackD and NatNet protocols suffer from the same problem.

As soon as I've completed my new camera setup I'll try and see if the problem persists.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Do you have anything usual regarding your network setup? Like multiple network cards?
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

I've tried a few times, including a couple tests today to try and reproduce this problem but have been unsuccessful.
hpcv

Post by hpcv »

The problem seems to have solved itself...
BernhardSp

Post by BernhardSp »

Hi,
We are experiencing exactly the same problem on our PC.
We are using
Tracking Tools (Point Cloud & Rigid Body)
Official Release - Version 1.3.035 Final B

The behaviour is the same as described before.
If we minimize the rigid body toolkit application after we checked the VRPN streaming button we get a window saying "Unable to stream frame"
This messages appears regardless if any other application is running or not.
We have 2 rigid objects defined and they are tracked more or less fine.
We have tried to turn off all things that may block the network such as firewalls etc but without success.
We have also reinstalled the Rigid Body toolkit after removing
it from the system. No changes.

Do you have any suggestions about what we can do to fix this?

Many thanks,
Bernhard
Marc_Rebillat

Post by Marc_Rebillat »

Hey,

We got exactly the same problem.

We are using:

Tracking Tools (Point Cloud & Rigid Body)
Official Release - Version 1.3.035 Final B
A Pc with two network cards.

Basically, we have tried to desactivate one of the two cards to see if it was the source of the problem. It doesn't change anything.

What is strange is that we can connect and broadcast with any protocol, but only by using recorded data. We can't do it in real time (and this is what we need), which is quite annoying.

A solution from the developpers for this bug, which has been already reported (see previous messages), would be really appreciate.

Best regards.

Marc
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Hi Marc. We're very close to releasing a major update to the Rigid Body Toolkit which includes a fix for this issue. If you'd like early access to the upcoming version, please email support and they'll take care of you.