When does matching occur.

cheshirekow

When does matching occur.

Post by cheshirekow »

I'm using the rigid body tool kit to track bodies in an academic lab and we're interested in estimating the delays due to the capture process. With that in mind, I'd like to know when exactly does the the toolkit do the rigid body matching?

Specifically, does it happen automatically whenever the driver receives a frame capture, and thus before calling RB_GetLatestFrame()? When my program has control from the operating system right after calling RB_GetLatestFrame() have the tracked rigid bodies been matched in that frame yet?

OR

Does it happen when I call RB_GetRigidBodyLocation()?

What I'm trying to determine is where the software delay due to solving the matching problem is occurring, and whether or not we can measure that delay in our software (fully aware, of course, that windows is not a real-time operating system by any means).
beckdo

Re: When does matching occur.

Post by beckdo »

Hey Josh,

The solving process happens when you call the GetFrame() methods of the rigid body library. When the call returns from RB_GetLatestFrame() the library has also just completed matching point cloud markers to tracking rigid bodies.

RB_GetRigidBodyLocation() just returns tracker data, no solving happens at that point.

Make sure you have the synchronization cables connected when performing this test because that also minimizes the latency.

Updates are in the works for the Rigid Body software that will give you improved timing information as well.