RB - less than 100 fps

alex_karate_do

RB - less than 100 fps

Post by alex_karate_do »

Hi,
I've just downloaded the last version of RB 1.3.035 final B. Could you explain me what exactly means this fixed bug: "Fix to ensure rigid body tracking data exported for every frame"?

I do this question because I have two problems with my RB toolkit (1.3.035) and maybe this release could solve them:

1) When I connect 5 flex V100 instead of 4, and i export the .csv, i notice that the system acquires less than 100 fps. For example in an acquisition of 10 second i could obtain 800 frame instead of 1000. With 4 cams the problem doesn't seem to be present. I tried a lot of configuration, with or without the external powered USB hub. At the end i obtained the best result putting my PC to BEST PERFORMANCE (also disabling the USB suspension), giving to RB process the priority "real time" in task manager and connecting all cams directly to my pc without hub. So i obtained a value of fps close to 100 in my .csv (error = about 1%); I also noticed that RB, after a period of inactivity, reduces the fps from 100 to 60-70... could it depend on Windows Vista energy saving, that i have now disabled?

2) I noticed that, in csv files, the correctly traked frames (with ALL rigid body tracked) are about 1/4 of the total; in the rest i have only a part (or no one) of bodies tracked. I mean that i obtain a good line and 3 bad lines, a good line and three bad... and so on... it is almost regular... but i't doesn't make sense!!! It means that i lose a lot of information and precision, because i must interpolate the positions in bad frames!!!

So, has the fixed bug a relationship with my problems?
Thank you very much for the help!!!
Alex

P.S. My PC:
CPU INTEL T9300 2.50 GHz
4 GB RAM - dual channel
HD @ 7200 rpm
beckdo

Re: RB - less than 100 fps

Post by beckdo »

Hey Alex,

You're describing the issue with the RB Tool that should be fixed in the latest version. If you're still having this problem there is a work-around I would like to suggest. If you enable one of the streamers that will force every frame to be resolved and it should make things work properly for you.

We're getting really close to version 2.0 of the tools. I would suggest you email support and ask to get on the list for an alpha version of 2.0 which will be coming shortly.