Request for features Rigid Body Tool

kjjohnsen

Request for features Rigid Body Tool

Post by kjjohnsen »

A button that resets the reported rotation and translation to a user entered value would be useful. This is convenient for calibration from markers to attached rigid bodies e.g. put the rigid body on the object, turn the object to what you want to be zero rotation and zero translation, and hit the button. Future values are relative to this. Thanks.
kjjohnsen

Re: Request for features Rigid Body Tool

Post by kjjohnsen »

I'm just going to keep adding to this list, if that's okay. There isn't a "feature requests" on the main forum list.

To the Rigid Body/Point Cloud API, I would like to have the ability to know which cameras see which points on a rigid body and vice-versa.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Thanks for the requests. We're actively working on additional rigid body control, which includes your first request. Your second request will also be included in the API in the future.
neill_solow

Post by neill_solow »

1. It would be very convenient, if all alternatives were displayed where rigid body fitted... It will help a lot to create asymmetrical marker configuration.
2. I would also like to see some events to control the rigid body calculations in rigid body sdk... to have possibility to append or correct rigid body choice.
jmoodie

Post by jmoodie »

I would greatly appreciate the ability to track specific single markers in the same way rigid bodies are tracked, i.e. with a number and/or a name. If anyone has any ideas on this in the meantime, I am all ears for helpful suggestions!