Tracking Tools crash when streaming data

simonal

Tracking Tools crash when streaming data

Post by simonal »

I have a problem with Tracking Tools crashing as soon as I hit the 'broadcast frame data' button in the 'streaming pane' view.

Here is my actions:

1. calibrated the cameras
2. created a trackable
3. clicked the broadcast frame data

=> crash

As a note, crashes occur only when 'Stream rigid body data' is checked, and they occur regardless of any client beeing connected or not.

Do you have any troubleshooting guide for this problem. Are there any log files for Tracking tools? is so, where?

Tracking Tools version: 2.0.0 final
Network: local machine
VincentG

Re: Tracking Tools crash when streaming data

Post by VincentG »

Any firewall, antivirus software installed on the system?
simonal

Post by simonal »

Here is some new information. After starting a fresh project I got the streaming to work. But after saving the project, restarting tracking tools, and opening the project again, it starts crashing again as described above. So the problem seems to be that the data gets corrupted on save/open project.

Just as a note, I run a Swedish version of Vista.
nabilgkhoury

Post by nabilgkhoury »

I've been having the same crash in TrackingTools 2.0 when broadcasting in Natnet too. It seems to happen more often when an existing project or trackable object is loaded as simonal explained.

Beside that, Natnet streaming is giving very inconsistant results across the different tools. The sample code for natnet client: SampleClient.exe will at times fail to update streamed frame number or fail to write streamed frame data depending on whether it's Arena, TT or RB that's doing the Natnet broadcasting
Some feedback on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tracking Tools version: 2.0.0 final
Network: local machine
nabilgkhoury

Post by nabilgkhoury »

Just noticed this post:
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... mber=39321
discussing NatNet v2.0 and I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the inconsistancies reported above.

Thanks.
irema

Post by irema »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Any firewall, antivirus software installed on the system?

[/quote]

I am experiencing the same problem. Has there been a resolution to this issue? Using TT 2.0.0 Final with Windows xp pro SP3 and Firewall and antivirus disabled.

Also, with a new project after finishing calibration, streaming works without a problem. Then, when you try to save the calibration data while the streaming is enabled the application crashes.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something we are looking into
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Please email support with your issue