3D Marker# is 0!

zsll

3D Marker# is 0!

Post by zsll »

Hi

I have a 11 camera set-up working well with Arena, while I got a big problem with the tracking tool(Official Release - Version 2.0.000 Final): when I use tracking tool, every single camera can see the markers but no marker is shown in the perspective show. And when I open the frame info panel, it reads that 2D marker# is 39 and 3D marker# is 0!

The calibration file (.cal) is loaded from a previous Arena project. I used the tracking tool to do the calibration also, the first wanding step is fine, and after that the relative camera position seems to be right. But when I want to set the ground plane, the 3D marker# is still 0. Thus I can't finish this.

Can you please help us solve this issue?
zsll

Re: 3D Marker# is 0!

Post by zsll »

After adjusting the thresholds and exposure of the cameras, it works fine now.
aluaces

Post by aluaces »

I'm having the same problem:

- Same version of Tracking Tools (latest, downloaded today).
- Calibration files obtained with Arena, later loaded into TT.
- Tracking Tools in "Status: Live Video" mode.

I can't see any 3D marker on the screen, although they are certainly seen from the captures of every individual camera. The whole thing works right with Arena.

The default values for thresholds and exposures for TT are the same as Arena's (Exp 55, Thrshld 150), but changing them in TT doesn't seem to do nothing.

Why I'm having this difference between both programs? Am I overlooking any switch or mode?

Thank you,
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

And what occurs, if you recalibrate, using the TT wizard?

What version of Arena do you have loaded?
aluaces

Post by aluaces »

Hello Vicent,

when trying to calibrate with TT, I do the wanding process sucessfully. All the cameras have an "Excellent" rating. The problem comes with the second step, the setting of the ground markers. No 3D points are shown on the 3D visor. The frame information reports 36 "2D markers" (which might refer to the three markers seen from my 12 cameras), but zero 3D markers, so I can't set the ground plane. The status is "Live Video".

Until yesterday I was using the 1.4 version of Arena. Today I upgraded it to 1.5 and it behaves fine, like the previous version did. The problem is that I need to use the VRPN server of TT.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

In the tracking tools there are lots of ways to debug why you're not seeing 3D markers. First off, look and see if the cameras are placed in 3D space where you'd expect them. If you see cameras hovering in the 3D view and they seem reasonable then you go into the Edit->Tracking Tools Settings->Display Options. Near the bottom there are Ray options, enable rays for Tracking, Missing, and Untracked, also disable Edit->Tracking Tools Settings->Application Options->Track Selected Markers. This will force all rays to be shown all the time.

Now, if you don't see any rays coming out of the 3D cameras go into the camera group properties. Make sure 'Enable Point Cloud Reconstruction' is enabled. If you still don't see rays make sure the cameras are in a tracking mode Camera Settings->Video Type->Precision Mode and camera exposure/threshold/illumination are reasonable and you see markers in the camera 2D previews.

Now, at this point you should be seeing properly reconstructed 3D data. If you don't, you'll be seeing red rays that aren't triangulating. This means you need to check your reconstruction settings. Make sure you have reasonable values for the 8 main Point Cloud->Reconstruction options at the bottom of the Camera Group Settings.

At this point you should be resolving 3D data.
aluaces

Post by aluaces »

Hi Doug,

thank you very much for all the debugging information. I could see the red rays aiming to my markers, so I went to the cloud reconstruction parameters and found that the "maximum ray length" and the "minimum angle" values were far different from the Arena default ones. After changing them, I am able to see the 3D points :)