phantom markers

yoann.dess

phantom markers

Post by yoann.dess »

Hello,

I am a new user of tracking tools software. I work about walk analysis and I have some problem with phantom markers that display. Doest it exist a part for post-treatment and remove these phantom markers ? If no, is it planned to develop this in the next update ?

Thanks

Yoann
VincentG

Re: phantom markers

Post by VincentG »

What type of phantom markers are you getting?

Have you tried recalibrating the software?

Can you determine where the extra markers are coming from?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Phantom markers can be caused by several things, reflections in the room, software settings, or calibration.

Are the markers appearing next to real markers, like they are splitting, or are they just random in a scene?

I would first check your calibration, look at the residual value, make sure it is less than 1mm or so.

Also try turning on display of "rays" and "untracked rays", it can help determine if there are particular cameras which might be poorly calibrated.

You can strip these out when you export the data, if you are not exporting all unlabeled markers.
yoann.dess

Post by yoann.dess »

The phantom markers are appearing next to real markers, like they are splitting. I watch the rays and it's often the 2 further cameras that don't find the same markers coordinate that the others cameras.
I calibrated several times and I have always the same problems in spite of low values of std errors 2D and mean errors 2D.

Yoann
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What version of the Tracking Tools software are you using?

How do you have the cameras arranged, for the setup area?
yoann.dess

Post by yoann.dess »

I have the version 2.2 beta 1.

The camera were placed on a square of 20 feet around the walkway, almost like showed on the optitrack site : http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/i ... 2truss.jpg.
Two cameras are in each corner and the last four cameras are on the sides of the walkway. Every cameras see the center of walkway the force plates are placed.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Can you send in copies, of your calibration, capture, rigid bodies, etc. to support.
The_Nomad

Post by The_Nomad »

Interesting. We've had lots of problems with phantom markers too, usually a third phantom appearing between the two foot markers. We'll see if the new wand sorts that problem out.
yoann.dess

Post by yoann.dess »

I haven't the new wand so could you say me if the problem disappear with him ?
kahl_hellmer

Post by kahl_hellmer »

Try using a carpet if you're on a hardwood or plastic floor. Reflections from other cameras' lights can be reflected by the floor and cause strange reflections by the feet.

Kahl