TT 2.2.0.Final: "Block Visible" has no effect

iko79

TT 2.2.0.Final: "Block Visible" has no effect

Post by iko79 »

Hi,

I have problems with the TrackingTools 2.2.0.Final version I downloaded from [1] today: For wanding and setting the ground plane I am not able to block the visible markers. The button "Block Visible" simply has no effect. I clicked "Clear Blocking" several times but this didn't help. In TT 2.1.0.Final everything worked fine, when I click the button all visible markers get masked out by red blocks, in 2.2 this doesn't happen. I thought maybe the blocks simply do not get rendered in 2.2 but when I click on "Set Ground Plane" TT says I have more than 3 makers in view.

I uninstalled TT 2.2, installed 2.1 and there it worked, but I was unable to open my TT 2.2 project with it.

Any suggestions what I could do?

Thanks,
iko.

EDIT:
Also, your TT Camera Calibration Tutorial says I should be able to draw a mask manually with the middle mouse button but this is not possible, I just drag the view around when I press the middle mouse button.

EDIT 2:
I now found a recent version of Trackingtools (build 7429) you sent me via e-mail some time ago since I had problems with TT 2.1, there I am able to block AND load my project but when I try to set the ground plane TT says I do not have exactly 3 markers in view. The Frame Info section tells me about 9 markers. Don't know if this means there are 3 markers in 3 cameras or if something really is wrong.

[1] http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... .Final.exe
VincentG

Re: TT 2.2.0.Final: "Block Visible" has no effect

Post by VincentG »

Very odd.

When you installed the 2.2 software, did you uninstall the older software first?

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you block visible markers, within the camera view itself, by right clicking on the video frame, and selecting hardware mask?

To draw blocking masks with the mouse you may need to select the tool/icon that looks like a pencil.
iko79

Post by iko79 »

Thanks for your reply!

I am using Windows 7 32bit.

I didn't notice the tool button, thanks for this hint -- given that I now was able to figure out that it's only possible to draw HW-masks if the rotation of the given camera is set to 0�. Since two of my cams are mounted upside-down I noticed I could only draw on the video plane of the third one.

Even though it first seemed like there was the same issue with the "Block Visible" function there has to be another problem. Sometimes it works but most the time it doesn't, regardless to the camera rotation, using the block/clear-buttons in the Camera Group Properties Tab as well as the Hardware Mask group in the context menu.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

I have never seen the 'block markers' functionality fail to block markers. Perhaps you could take some screenshots or better yet a video of it not functioning properly. From there I might be able to tell what is wrong.