External Sync Using Optihub

genetunik

External Sync Using Optihub

Post by genetunik »

Hello, I'm trying to use my optihub and a TTL to externally sync-in my optitrack cameras to start recording but I can find no option in the optitrack program (2.00 Beta) to adjust any sort of optihub settings. Do I need to download a newer version of optitrack or an add-on program to use external sync-in with optihub and optitrack simultaneously? Please let me know if you have any advice, I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Joel
Birch

Re: External Sync Using Optihub

Post by Birch »

To use an OptiHub with the Tracking Tools you'll want to have at least version 2.0.0 Final installed. Additional settings were exposed in Tracking Tools 2.3.0 Final.

Check the Tracking Tools "Changes & Fixes log" on the download page for more details :
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... loads.html
urbanolu

Post by urbanolu »

Hello,

I'm currently using 12 V100R1 cameras, in synchronization with two force plates and a NI DAQ system for EMG data.

For the motion capture, I'm using Arena 1.6.3 software, where I set the OptiHub to send a trigger signal to the other devices. However, I'd prefer to get the raw 3D marker positions from the NPTrackingTools library, in such a way that all the data is captured and managed by one single program. The problem is that our Tracking Tools license is limited to version 2.2.2, and in this library version there seem to be no synchronization settings available.

Is there any possibility of adjusting the synchronization settings without updating Tracking Tools to 2.3.*?

Thank you very much.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

A good option for this is to load the Tracking Tools GUI, adjust all of the settings including synchronization, then save a project file. Using TT_LoadProject() will load all settings that were previously saved (including synchronization).
urbanolu

Post by urbanolu »

Yes, I have tried that, the only problem being that there is no "Record" command available in the library, so that I cannot enable the "Recording Level" output signal. I have even tried enabling the streaming server (TT_StreamNP(true)), expecting it to be equivalent to pushing "Record" in Tracking Tools.

Another possibility would be enabling external sync, and sending a 100 Hz pulse train from the NI DAQ. This would be the optimal solution, since all frames and not just the trigger event would be synchronized, but I am not sure how it would work. Does each received pulse create a new frame available to "TT_UpdateSingleFrame"? That would be great...

Thanks again,

Urbano.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

One of the additional features of the Tracking Tools as of 2.3.* is the ability to have access to both the Camera SDK and the Tracking Tools API from the same process.

You can then call CameraLibrary::CameraManager::X().UpdateRecordingBit() to toggle the record status to the OptiHub.