Tracking Tools 2.3.2 Final now available

Birch

Tracking Tools 2.3.2 Final now available

Post by Birch »

NaturalPoint is pleased to announce a new release of the Tracking Tools software. We invite you to try the software and share your feedback with us.

* Update : Tracking Tools 2.3.2 Final is now available.

Licensing :
Requires licenses valid through May 5, 2011 ( check license status here)

Downloads :
Tracking Tools 2.3.2 Final
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... .Final.exe

Download section on the OptiTrack site
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... loads.html

Documentation :
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... index.html

Changes :
Tracking Tools 2.3.2 Final :

* Fixed minor issue with Point Cloud minimum angle calculation
* Added calibration wand selection prompt and settings
* Changed S250e camera so ringlight is off when video is stopped

Tracking Tools 2.3.2 beta 1 :

* Added precision hardware object mode for S250e cameras
* Added support for V120:Duo and V120:Trio cameras
* Added new Point Cloud processing module
* Added separate IR strobe and intensity control
* Added wand selection and custom settings to calibration panel
* Improved application stability
* Improved Point Cloud reconstruction performance
* Improved S250e camera settings interface
* Fixed incorrect results for some distorted rigid bodies at certain orientations
* Updated VC/VS 2005 Runtime detection and installation
Last edited by Birch on Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Update for Final release
vrlabra

Re: Tracking Tools 2.3.2 Final now available

Post by vrlabra »

For reasons unknown the latest TrackingTools doesn't work when changing camera illumination mode to continuous from strobed. Also it scrambles the Xpand shutter goggle emitter (based on nuvision I think?) with strobe mode. In earlier versions emitter was working fine when changing the illumination from 15 to 7.

Additionally there are some weird problems with the TrackingTools GUI when using multiple graphics cards in one pc and moving any of the TrackingTools windows to different pipe (eg. screen driven by second graphics card). It creates weird complications: for example you cannot get any actions/menus from project manager. I haven't confirmed is continuous illumination problem also because of this but what is confirmed is that this GUI glitch creates a bunch of random bugs.

Using: Windows 7 64-bit, 2x Nvidia Quadro FX5800
vrlabra

Post by vrlabra »

Another bug regarding multiple displays:
Let's assume I create a project with TrackingTools with a multi display system (=possibly 2 GPU's and for example 3 displays) and I have saved the project with the TrackingTools window moved on the secondary display. Then I close TrackingTools and disconnect all displays but one and open the project again with TrackingTools.
TrackingTools GUI system (C# I presume?) still thinks that it should create the window on the secondary display and it shows very narrow slice of the window on my primary displays right or left edge. It's impossible to move this window anywhere although I can move some floating windows from it to the center of my primary display.

I know this is a very rare case, but I noticed it when using 2 different PC's with different amount of displays for performance tests. The project was created using another PC and the camera installation didn't change during this so it would've been stupid to use different project files...

This may also be an effect of the double graphics card bug which was mentioned in the last reply...
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

Thanks for the heads up on the issues with the UI. The Tracking Tools product is entirely native code with no dependencies on the .NET framework. It's likely that this issue with multiple graphics cards will lie in the UI libraries we're using. Thanks for reporting.

We'll also take a close look at the illumination mode issue.