Possible to combine V100R2 with V100R2-FS cameras?

Nutreon

Possible to combine V100R2 with V100R2-FS cameras?

Post by Nutreon »

We are using the Tracking Tools Plus Package with 6 OptiTrack FLEX:V100R2 cameras and want to add 6 further cameras to the existing camera setup. On your website [1] I read the information �All cameras used with the Tracking Tools must be of the same model type (i.e., all FLEX:V100 cameras or all SLIM:V100 cameras); mixed environments are not supported�.
My question is: Is it possible to combine OptiTrack FLEX:V100R2 with OptiTrack FLEX:V100R2-FS cameras? I hope so because both of these camera types appear in the same column in table [2].

[1] http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... ing-tools/
[2] http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... rison.html
bsteagal

Re: Possible to combine V100R2 with V100R2-FS cameras?

Post by bsteagal »

Nutreon

Yes you can, but for what purpose would you want the FS cameras? the V100r2 and v100r2-fs are basically the same camera but the fs give you video reference at the same time.. so normally you have 1 or 2 of these per setup max, not 6...

but yes, you can mix these..
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Possible to combine V100R2 with V100R2-FS cameras?

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Bryan is correct. The V100R2 and V100R2-FS cameras are both the same camera, however the FS includes a software controlled solenoid that can apply or remove the high pass filter allowing the camera to see greyscale natural light images.

Having these cameras in your volume can be beneficial to setup and adjustment processes, however when capturing data keep in mind that a FS camera can only do either scene video or marker tracking, but not both at the same time. If you have 6 FS cameras, it's great when setting up a volume, but only 1 should really be used for scene video.