tracking accuracy of v120Trio

robotics

tracking accuracy of v120Trio

Post by robotics »

Hi, anybody knows the tracking accuracy of the v120Trio for both marker and trackables? I have just evaluated the accuracy and find out the not acceptable tracking performance. I mount markers on rigid body that is trackable by a laser tracker. I then use the v120Trio to check the markers on that rigid body. I should expect the same distance measured by the laser tracker and the Trio. But the difference can be even more than 20mm and the mean difference is about 10mm.
is this is the normal performance of the v120Trio. Anybody can help? Big thanks!!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: tracking accuracy of v120Trio

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What version of tracking tools are you using? Specifically I need your build number, which can be found by opening tracking tools and going to help - about tracking tools, and then looking in the lower left corner of the about window.
robotics

Post by robotics »

tracking tools version 2.3.2 and the build number is 10268
NaturalPoint - Mike

The current build available for download on our site (10268) does not work properly with V120 Trios and V120 Duos, as they are still in pre-release. If you have a Trio or Duo and need software, please email support@naturalpoint.com and we can provide you with a link to download a pre-release version with support for tracking bars. The upcoming release of Tracking tools will be fully functional with tracking bars.
robotics

Post by robotics »

I restall the tracking tools and it seems much better now. But my API is not working properly. I wrote a console win32 program using the API library. The program works fine with the previous tracking tools but not working with the newly installed tracking tools. By not working I mean it doesn't track any marker or trackable. The same marker and trackable is working with tracking tools GUI. Pls help.
robotics

Post by robotics »

I took back what I said in my previous email. The performance doesn't improve much after I restall the tracking tools. Previously I have better result when I check with marker. But I have just use trackable to verify the result and it end up with again tens of mm errors. Please help as I supposed to use the tracking bar for one project but now it is not working properly.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Which functions are you utilizing in the API?

I sent you an email earlier asking for the serial of the tracking bar and your shipping address in case an RMA is needed. Please send those via email so we can further review this. If you could record a .tim file and send that as well, we can review it.

Thanks -
robotics

Post by robotics »

I have sent you a randomly generated .tim file with my shipping address. I am afraid I don't even know the serial number of my tracking bar. pls advise how to find it.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Tracking bar serial numbers are on a small sticker on the back.