Post by Kina »

is NatNet compatible with the Java? is it still uncompatible? WhatsApp Aero APK
jackwilson

Re: NatNet - Android data streaming

Post by jackwilson »

smithli wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:03 pm
ananyaa wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:18 am
johny3212 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:31 am Hello,gb whatsapp
my name is Jan. I am working with OptiTrack system. I developed easy client application based on OpenGL and C++ in Eclipse. This app can connect to NatNet server running in Motive software and shows Rigid Body position in 3D. It was easy maybe 2 days.
Next I need developed some similarity client for Android system. Android is new for me because I am C++ developer. So I don't know how to link NatNet c++ libs with Java in Android. Is it possible to create some wrapper for NatNet or I will have to create myself wrapper packet client without NatNet libs in Android? For future I want to use Unity3D with Android and create client.
How is best way to connect running NatNet server in Motive from Android? It is very important for me. Than you for your response.
Please share Android version of the easy client app with us.
Is the Android nd IOS method is different?
installing method of iOS application is same as Android method, like we install any application in Android. But a connecting method of iOS and Android is totally different.
GBWhatsapp01

Download GB Whatsapp

Post by GBWhatsapp01 »

Hello,
my name is Jan. I am working with OptiTrack system. I developed easy client application based on OpenGL and C++ in Eclipse. This app can connect to NatNet server running in Motive software and shows Rigid Body position in 3D. It was easy maybe 2 days.
Next I need developed some similarity client for Android system. Android is new for me because I am C++ developer. So I don't know how to link NatNet c++ libs with Java in Android. Is it possible to create some wrapper for NatNet or I will have to create myself wrapper packet client without NatNet libs in Android? For future I want to use Unity3D with Android and create client.
Than you for your response.
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing hidden link
chanvova

Post by chanvova »

johny3212 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:31 am Hello,
Next I need developed some similarity client for Android system. Android is new for me because I am C++ developer. So I don't know how to link NatNet c++ libs with Java in Android. Is it possible to create some wrapper for NatNet or I will have to create myself wrapper packet client without NatNet libs in Android? For future I want to use Unity3D with Android and create client. nytimes wordle
How is best way to connect running NatNet server in Motive from Android? It is very important for me. Than you for your response.
yes, I think that NatNet clients can discover what data objects a server application is currently streaming out of band or ahead of time using the
DataSetDescriptions structure.
fouadwhatsapp

Post by fouadwhatsapp »

Hello,
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing hidden link
Aarshi

Post by Aarshi »

Floshky wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:38 am
Kina wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:26 am is NatNet compatible with the Java? is it still uncompatible?
no. it's not compatible with the java. and i don't think it will be in future. i also wished for its compability for my Null’s Clash project. but i guess i've to look for something else.
That's correct, NatNet is not natively compatible with Java and there are no indications that it will be in the future. It's important to explore alternative solutions and libraries for your project, such as those specifically designed for Java.
Last edited by Aarshi on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
juliet777

Post by juliet777 »

johny3212 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:31 am Hello,
Jan, your swift adaptation from C++ to Android for NatNet integration is impressive. Consider exploring JNI (Java Native Interface) to create a wrapper for NatNet or build a custom packet client. This expertise will also aid Unity3D endeavors.
butcher1

Post by butcher1 »

its john wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 pm
0xflarion wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:04 am Hi Johny3212,

have you been able to solve this issue? I'm currently working on a similiar problem: I want to stream tracking data to an Android client. Hence i would really appreciate it, if you could post your solution or give me some information about it :)

Thanks,
Flarion
yes, one solution is to download data.
maybe it's work for a while but this is not a right solution.
dlyaverablyamit

Post by dlyaverablyamit »

Hello Jan,
It's great to hear that you've developed a client application using OpenGL and C++ to connect to the NatNet server running in Motive software and display the Rigid Body position in 3D.Create a C++ wrapper: You can create a C++ wrapper for the NatNet functionality and use the Android NDK (Native Development Kit) to interface with it from your Java-based Android application. This approach allows you to leverage your existing C++ code and connect it to your Java-based Android app. You'll need to set up the Android NDK build system and define the JNI (Java Native Interface) to communicate between Java and C++.
fethiyelee

Post by fethiyelee »

Thanks for information