VRPN streaming unlabeled markers

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
robotics87

VRPN streaming unlabeled markers

Post by robotics87 »

Hello!

First of all I would like to thank you for your support, your forum has been quite useful and I found the answers to many of my doubts.

What I tried to do but unfortunately I haven't managed is to understand if it possible to kind of ID the unlabeled markers. The TrackingTools provides labeling them by creating a rigid-body composed of min. 2 markers.

In my specific case I need to compare the offline and online results obtained by CSV and on the other hand, by streaming the markers data with VRPN that I have managed to do. I tried to solve this my using NatNet SDK but as I know Linux is not supported by it. VRPN streams the data by using the rigid-body name, is it possible to stream the data without creating the rigid-body?

Thank you for your reply!

edit: Sorry, just now I've noticed here that this is possible to do only by NatNet SDK.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: VRPN streaming unlabeled markers

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

You can use the NatNet SDK and stream to linux boxes by directly decoding the packets. There should be a sample project called packetclient in the SDK that shows how to do this.

No DLL required.

Alternatively, the new betas of TrackIR should have a marker ID in the CSV, as well.