VRPN Stream python, multiple Rigid Body objects

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
gkfricke

VRPN Stream python, multiple Rigid Body objects

Post by gkfricke »

I have found some sample python code on the web which works relatively well if I'm only tracking one Rigid Body. However, if I want to track more than one (13, actually) I can get the change handler to report all 13 positions -- but there is no identifying information for one body is which.

Also, with the SWIG-generated python wrapper that comes with VRPN (I'm using 07.30) I can't get the velocity or acceleration handlers to report.

The only thing I've found so far is this unanswered question from almost two years ago:
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post43629

Can anyone help?
gkfricke

Re: VRPN Stream python, multiple Rigid Body objects

Post by gkfricke »

For those who may be interested:
the latest version of VRPN (available through their git repository as of a month or two ago) now has a new version of python wrappers that are handwritten.

I can now get info for all of my Rigid Bodies -- currently I have 13 in my space.

VRPN supports (in addition to position and orientation info) velocity and acceleration data streaming. Is this implemented in TrackingTools?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: VRPN Stream python, multiple Rigid Body objects

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I don't believe it supports velocity and orientation. Additionally, your copy of Tracking Tools may be compiled against a different version of VRPN. You can go to help - about to see what version of the library it supports.