Streaming Data to Client Application

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
edraheim

Streaming Data to Client Application

Post by edraheim »

Hello - I am trying to steam data from the V120 Trio cameras to a client application. I was able to do this easily with the Motive Software running and streaming to a WPF .NET client application via the NatNetSDK. What I really need to be able to do, though is to stream data from the camera without running the Motive software. Is this possible with the NatNetSDK or do I need to use another API? We are using Motive v1.0.0.

I am new to the entire suite of tools so if I've missed something, my apologies. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Erin
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Streaming Data to Client Application

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello Erin,

Have you checked out our website with the information about NatNet SDK?

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... atnet-sdk/

We also have a guide you can review that is located here:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... 0Guide.pdf

I believe this should answer your current questions regarding NatNet.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
edraheim

Post by edraheim »

Hi Dustin,
I've have read through the documentation and I have the SimpleServer up and running. I am able to stream data from the SimpleServer to my own test client. My next question is how can I actually stream data from the camera via the "SimpleServer". The BuildFrame method in SimpleServer.cpp creates a "fake" frame to send to the client. Is there sample code somewhere that actually streams data from the camera to the client via the APIs?

Thanks again.
Erin
weifeng0715

Post by weifeng0715 »

I think SimpleServer is just like the software Motive or Traking tool. You could stream data out through either SimpleServer or Motive/Traking Tool but not the both.
I think they should point out how to streaming out data by detailing step by step although programmers always think the customers should follow programmers' thought.
1. open motive
2.streaming out data
3.recording
4. open SampleClient
5. Close SampleClient
6. You would see the final data in a strange format file .rpt? open it with windows notepad.
tlindz

Post by tlindz »

edraheim, have you had any luck creating a server that does not use Motive or some other tracking tool? I would like to embed a server in our custom application. Please respond if you have had success.