DataHandler function is not called

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
Jacobo

DataHandler function is not called

Post by Jacobo »

Hi

I am trying to install and stream data from Arena (1.8) using the NatNet SDK (2.2). After installing and calibrate the system I run the Sample Client to check that everything is working.

The first part that I recieve is the header, which I think is ok. The only line that be a problem is:

[Client] Server returned NAT_UNRECOGNIZED_REQUEST

After that when I start to send data (actually the streaming has to be on before I start the data) I recieve :

[Client] Received command from 192.168.11.21: Command=7, nDataBytes=220

Until the prgram fails. But I don`t see any of the info that the funcion DataHandler shoul be printing which I suppouse that is DataHandler the function that is not being called.

For the moment I am executing the program in the same computer than Arena, and I turned off all the firewalls/antivirus.

Thanks for your help.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: DataHandler function is not called

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Do you have access to later versions of Arena or Motive? I read through the changelog and noticed some improvements to NatNet with Arena after the Arena 1.8 Beta release. I can review your license information if you create a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: DataHandler function is not called

Post by morgan »

[Client] Server returned NAT_UNRECOGNIZED_REQUEST

Is OK and can be expected when the server doesn't recognize the request.

We're you able to get streaming working from the data handler callback?

If not I would first test using one of the pre-compiled samples that ship with the NatNet SDK (WinForms is a good one). This will indicated whether its a code issue, or a networking issue.

If the pre-compiled samples are not receiving data, some things I would try:

- Antivirus and firewall are disabled. Note this is not a requirement, but useful for testing.
- Motive/Arena streaming is enabled and tracking or playing back data.
- Motive/Arena streaming IP addresses are configured correctly
- don't change the multicast address
- use local loopback (127.0.0.1) for both server and client when streaming on same machine
- Try Unicast (change on both client and server) to isolate whether multicast packets are being filtered by your network topology

hope this helps,

Morgan