Motive to Unity

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
danwarom

Re: Motive to Unity

Post by danwarom »

Hey Dimitri,

Nice one mate, i'll take a look at this on Monday - here's hoping you plugged whatever was causing me grief! Knowing my code, I probably left a print statement in there somewhere :lol:

Cheers!
Dan
DmitriG

Post by DmitriG »

Hey all,

for the recent updates always check my github: https://github.com/galakhov/MotiveToUnity

Best regards,
Dmitri
kwabbott

Post by kwabbott »

Thanks so much for this plugin. I was able to get data flowing into the scene from Motive.

Are there setup instructions, or a sample scene, which details getting data targeted to a skeleton?

thanks

Kevin Abbott
Western Michigan University
kwabbott

Post by kwabbott »

Thanks for putting this together. It was easy to get rigid body data streaming in.

Is there a tutorial or sample scene with a full skeleton setup?

thanks

Kevin Abbott
Western Michigan University
darkmax

Post by darkmax »

hi I also want to stream rigidbody data from motive to unity, but with the example of unity in the natnet sdk in some cases there is a lot of latency, I also want to a plugin in unity where gathers the info directly and more low latency possible.

I hope somebody has a plugin for unity.
XmanLCH

Post by XmanLCH »

Hi all,

I have been working on connecting Optitrack Motive to Unity for a while. I've tried the UnitySample in NatNet SDK but its XML format causes too much traffic in my wireless network and increases network latency. Since I am doing mobile VR, it's really crucial to have it connect wirelessly.

So instead of rewriting both UnitySample server and SlipStream/Body client and make my own protocol, I decided to just make a new client which receive tracking data directly from Motive without any intermediate server.

Here is the link to the project.
http://github.com/XmanLCH/MotiveDirect

Please feel free to clone and report issues.

Best,
Lung-Pan

======
Lung-Pan Cheng
PhD in HCI
Hasso Plattner Institute,
University of Potsdam
Pixerati

Post by Pixerati »

Wow, that's amazing Lung-Pan. I personally vote for this to be established as the default Unity solution and updated accordingly. Haven't actually tested it yet, but the code looks pretty clean.
[URL=https://matchnow.info]Prime Сasual Dating[/URL]
hulnglei

Post by hulnglei »

Hi,
I run the SDK of Natnet 2.7 in one PC. it suddently have 5 seconds delay. It never happens in other computers.
Do anybody meet this problems?
Best regards,
jakethesnake

Post by jakethesnake »

I'm trying out Bradley's latest version, but run into a annoying problem. I stream packages from Motive to Unity and can see that they are getting into unity and the Slipstrem.cs is picking them up.

But when I try to print out the XML files with Debug.Log i can see that my two rigidbodies are detected but that no change in the Rigidbodies X Y Z values. It like they are not moving, even thou they clearly are. I'm playing back .tak files from previous recordings, but I don't think that should have any impact. I'm using Motive 1.8