How to always stream data to unity from motive in real time?

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
darkmax

How to always stream data to unity from motive in real time?

Post by darkmax »

Hi I have made some tests on with the example on unity in natnet sdk, and I get the information from motive rigidbodies to the sample natnet application and from there to my unity scene, but the problem is the latency, is so slow in some cases that my gameobject updates like 10 seconds later and in other cases is in realtime.
So my question is how I can improve this with the natnet sdk or if it there is a better option like a plugin that I can use in unity directly and receive my rigidbodies info.
beckdo

Re: How to always stream data to unity from motive in real t

Post by beckdo »

Hi darkmax,

The latency and poor performance you're seeing seems unusual. That's certainly not been my experience. There are a number of things you need to be careful with in Unity when you're trying to get maximize performance. I've run with this Unity streaming approach for hours many times without issue. I think what you're actually doing in Unity is key. We put together the unity sample in a way where you can just replace the XML with binary encoded data. The source for both the serialize (unity sample app) and the deserialize (unity side) are both there. You can just replace those two functions to remove the XML if you thing that's the problem. My impression is that it's not.

Thx,
Doug