Problem with GetLastFrameOfData

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
virucho

Problem with GetLastFrameOfData

Post by virucho »

Hi I use the Natnet API for C++ version 2.9. but I have a problem.

when I try to use in my program the function "GetLastFrameOfData", the return information (sFrameOfMocapData*) is always in 0 (for example nRigidBodies = 0, iFrame = 0 ...) Nevertheless the Pointer is not NULL.

in the Example "SampleClient" have I the same ploblem.

thanks
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Code.png (16.06 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Problem with GetLastFrameOfData

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello virucho,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your issue.

From your description, it sounds like your application, and the SampleClient, are unable to retrieve data from Motive.
When streaming data, you may need to verify the settings you are using in Motive's Data Streaming pane.
http://wiki.optitrack.com/index.php?tit ... _Streaming

If the sample NatNet applications are able to connect but are not able to receive the data, it may be that you have a firewall or antivirus running on the machine. These must be disabled in order to allow proper streaming.

If you continue to struggle with this, could you please try connecting with the SampleClient3D.exe that is included with the SDK? I would like you to provide a screenshot of your streaming settings in Motive, as well as a screenshot of the IPs you are entering in the SampleClient3D. It would also be useful to know if you are running everything on the same machine, or are streaming from Motive to a different PC.

Thanks,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer