Explanation of Local Interface setting under Network Interfa

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
pratik_chatrath

Explanation of Local Interface setting under Network Interfa

Post by pratik_chatrath »

According to Optitrack wiki the explanation of Local Interface option under Network Interface setting is
Network Interface
Local Interface: Sets the network address which the captured data is streamed to. When set to local loopback (127.0.0.1) address, the data is streamed within the computer. You can also choose the IP address specific networks
I don't get the meaning of the sentence. I wish to setup vrpn server and stream data to another linux pc through lan/wifi. I am trying to understand the required settings for the same. Please explain the meaning of local interface option.

For my case do I need to set it to the ip address of the pc on which I have motive software? Or do I need to set it to the ip address of the linux pc?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Explanation of Local Interface setting under Network Int

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello pratik_chatrath,

The Local Interface sets the network card that you will be streaming off of. Typically, to stream to a separate machine, your Motive PC needs to have two network cards. One network card is connected to the cameras while the other network card is connected to the client machines via your network.

In Motive, you would want to specify the IP address for the network card that will connect to your client machines. The IP address displayed in the Local Interface would be the IP address that the clients must connect to in order to receive realtime tracking data from Motive.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer