Problem with NatNet and Matlab on Windows 10

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
jangel

Problem with NatNet and Matlab on Windows 10

Post by jangel »

Hi,

I was able to use NatNet for data streaming from Motive to Matlab but it seems since I upgraded to Windows 10 the link does not work anymore. Apparently, Matlab is getting the information from Motive but when I run the 'NatNetMatlabSample' script, it does not show the graph.

Any suggestions?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Problem with NatNet and Matlab on Windows 10

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello jangel,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your issue.

We have not been able to consistently reproduce the behavior you are reporting. If this was working prior to a Windows Update, it may be a security setting such as the firewall, which should be disabled. If you have not already done so, you should disable all of the firewalls.

You may also want to confirm that you are on the latest release and try toggling the streaming off and on, just to give it a reset. In this test try using local loopback ('127.0.0.1') for both client and server), making sure to update this in the Matlab script and in Motive.

If you continue to struggle with this, please feel free to open a Support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com and please submite a screenshot of all of your stream settings.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
jangel

Post by jangel »

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your answer. I've previously checked all you said but it didn't work. Fortunately I found a "solution".

Every time I need to start my NatNet client in Matlab, the "Broadcast Frame Data" option must be activated (obviously) in Motive but the streaming doesn't start right away. I must go back to Motive and then uncheck and check again the Broadcast Frame Data option for the data streaming to begin.

I've tried this several times and by following those simple steps, my problem was solved. I think the issue must be related with Windows 10 and the .Net Framework update for this version of windows. Maybe you could try recreating the same conditions I have and verify if I am correct.

I hope this info could help other users and perhaps to improve NatNet.

Greetings,
Juan

--
Juan Pablo Ángel López
Biomechanics Lab Coordinator
Universidad Autónoma de Manizales
Colombia
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Thanks for the update Juan. I am happy you were able to find a solution.

Are you using an older version of Motive? What you described sounds like a bug we may have already addressed in the current version, Motive 1.10

Anyway, I am glad you are up and running again.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer