Bug in NatNet SDK package NatNet_SDK_2.10

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
weifeng0715

Bug in NatNet SDK package NatNet_SDK_2.10

Post by weifeng0715 »

I tried to run SampleClient3D and I found the IP address would never update to my computer's IP. So I go back to check the cpp file. I found that in NATUtils.cpp, NATUtils::GetLocalIPAddresses should use "if (!(haddr=gethostbyname(cpName)))" instead of the old version "if (!(haddr=gethostbyname(szMyName)))"

Would someone update this bug?

BTW. could you provide a QT version of the SampleClient3D example?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Bug in NatNet SDK package NatNet_SDK_2.10

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello weifeng0715,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the SampleClient3D. I have looked into this, and the sample is currently functioning as we expect it to. Although the old variable name is being used there, a section of code has been intentionally commented out to prevent that variable from being changed. This allows the current functionality, which is to set the IP addresses to stream locally.

The original code has been provided, so you are able to recompile the sample with any changes you desire.

Unfortunately, we do not have other versions of the sample to provide beside what is included with the NatNet SDK. Perhaps, if there is another user who has made a QT equivalent, they might be able to share it here.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to open a Support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer