Matlab Plot when streaming from Motive to Matlab

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
niagara

Matlab Plot when streaming from Motive to Matlab

Post by niagara »

Hi,

I am trying to stream data from the Motive Optitrack to Matlab to generate plots. I am using the Matlab sample code provided in the NatNet SDK. Whenever I run it (after checking the 'Broadcast Frame Data' in Motive), the data seems to be streaming. However, when the graph opens up in Matlab, the angle displayed stays constantly at 0. I am not seeing any change in angle even though the data in Motive does have an angle change.

I also tried the Matlab Wrapper, and I am not able to see any plots from the rigid bodies.
Everything seems connected, and I'm not receiving any errors from teh code.
Is there something that I need to do or that I'm missing?

Thanks.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Matlab Plot when streaming from Motive to Matlab

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello niagara,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your streaming questions.
Usually, when a client is able to connect without errors but no data comes through, this indicates some kind of interference. It is typically required for all antivirus software and firewalls, including the Windows firewall, to be disabled. With any of these security software running, the data stream may not make it through the network.

This would be the best place to begin your troubleshooting. If all of these are already disabled, you can also try running some of the pre-compiled samples that are included with the NatNet SDK to determine if they are able to connect to Motive and display its data. If they are able to display the data while Matlab is still unable to, this would point to an issue with the Matlab setup.

I hope this helps to get you going. If you require any further assistance with this, please feel free to open a Support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com so we can troubleshoot with you.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
aysss.b

Re: Matlab Plot when streaming from Motive to Matlab

Post by aysss.b »

Hi,

i have also the problem with plotting streaming data from Motive to Matlab. As a client I'm able to connect the OptiTrack without errors and data comes through as X,Y,Z-values (RigidBodies.x...) at the Command Window in NatNetPollingSample.m but i cannot plot this realtime or recorded data in Matlab.

Do you have a sample for plotting the data from Motive in Matlab?

Thanks,
Aynur