Is streaming recorded motion without Motive possible?

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
nagymate

Is streaming recorded motion without Motive possible?

Post by nagymate »

Hello!

My question is based on educational purposes.
Is it possible to somehow stream recorded motions through NatNet without the licensed Motive software i.e. is there a dedicated software for that (even custom made that you know of)?
We have a Flex13 system with one single license for Motive that can create the recordings. However, I want the students to take the recording home and develop a Unity game based on the streamed skeleton data and only use the actual system when they are ready to test the application.
I was thinking to write a custom software for that based on the simple server demo, but it would be easier if such software already exists. Do you think a software based on the simple server demo is capable of working with Unity?
Thank you for your answer in advance.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Is streaming recorded motion without Motive possible?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello nagymate,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding this request.

Unfortunately, there are no 3rd party or free applications that can stream recorded data. We do provide Motive:Edit licenses at a reduced price. These allow you to open and stream recorded data, but do not give access to any camera functionality.

These licenses are not available online, but if you are interested you can reach out to our Sales Engineers directly at sales@optitrack.com

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer