Skeleton Streaming Crashing Motionbuilder 2015/2017

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
chicane05

Skeleton Streaming Crashing Motionbuilder 2015/2017

Post by chicane05 »

We are experiencing an issue streaming performer skeletal data from Motive > Motionbuilder using the latest streaming plugin.

Simple single bone rigid body data streams across without issue into client Mobu machines, however when we try and stream full body joint data, the plugin crashes out the Mobu instance as soon as 'live' is checked in the Optitrack device. The issue is the same for optical device and skeleton device in both 2015 and 2017 Motionbuilder versions.

Its worth nothing we have eSync setup to phase the camera strobes/HTC Vive basestations simultaneously.

Any pointers as to what may be the cause?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Skeleton Streaming Crashing Motionbuilder 2015/2017

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Chicane05,

I recently setup a stream into MotionBuilder 2015 with our current version of Motive, so I believe this should be working. I was able to run a full day without any major hiccups, so I am not certain what might be causing your crashes.

You could try an uninstall and reinstall of MotionBuilder and the plugin. I have seen some odd things in my years using MotionBuilder, so you just never know. If you continue to encounter problems, you may want to include AutoDesk Support as well.

If there is anything else we can do to help troubleshoot, please feel free to open a Support ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer