Natnet PacketClient - Problem with the second rigid body

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
lilach99

Natnet PacketClient - Problem with the second rigid body

Post by lilach99 »

Hi evreyone,

I'm using an Optitrack system to track some small cars. I have to get the car's locations (coordinates) and rotation in real time.

For this I use the Natnet library, specificaly the PacketClient code. I put more than one car in the cameras frame, and runned the PacketClient code. Each car was a rigid body of 3 markers. For the first rigid body in the Motive, the code worked good and I succeed getting the right coordinates of the car. But for the second, third and all other rigid bodies (cars), the code returned "gibrish" coordinates, which were wrong and even not stable (they had been changed from negative to possitive and from small to big fastly)...

I don't know what causes this problem... Can someone help me and tell me what can I do?

Thanks!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Natnet PacketClient - Problem with the second rigid body

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello lilach99,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your NatNet streaming efforts.

The PacketClient utilized direct depacketization to acquire data from the realtime stream, and this process is sensitive to changes made in the stream protocol. You may need to verify the version of NatNet you are using is from the time your version of Motive was released. Motive 2.0 will require that you use NatNet 3.0.

If you are running in a Windows environment, you may want to use one of the other samples as a starting point since the normal libraries are less susceptible to these changes.

If you continue to struggle with this, please feel free to open a Support ticket with us so we can be sure everything is working correctly. When submitting your ticket, we will need to know the version of Motive and NatNet you are using. If you have made any changes to the sample application, it would be useful to know this as well.

Thanks again,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
lilach99

Post by lilach99 »

Hello Steven,

First of all thank you!

The MotiveTracker version is 1.8.0 and the Natnet version is 3.0.
Can you please tell me which version of Natnet is feet to MotiveTracker 1.8.0?

Thanks again!
Lilach
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

My pleasure Lilach,

NatNet 2.8 was released for Motive 1.8 compatibility, so you might try the PacketClient in that version.

Please note that we do require users to maintain an unexpired license in order to remain eligible for Support. If you continue to struggle to get the streaming working, we will not be able to work in Motive 1.8 with you. If you are able, you may want to consider updating to the current version.

Best of luck!
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
tnnhu

Post by tnnhu »

Hello everyone,
I'm using Motive version 1.10.3 and also experiencing the same problem with PacketClient sample.
Can you guys tell me which NatNet version is compatible with Motive 1.10.3 ?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks all.