Order of Marker/RigidBody in Skeleton

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
neachdainn

Order of Marker/RigidBody in Skeleton

Post by neachdainn »

Hello all,

Is there any documentation on how to interpret the results of a NatNet skeleton? Within the packet I can see a marker set for the skeleton as well as a collection of rigid bodies however, I don't see any way to map these to specific locations on the skeleton. My initial assumption was that the IDs would match between the received data and the Motive interface but I had two issues with that:
  1. They did not appear to match. That is, I was unable to find matching markers between the two (though I am open to the possibility that I did something wrong).
  2. The numbering appeared to be relatively dynamic and I would have to manually supply the mapping each time I started the system.
My next guess was that markers in the skeleton's marker set would appear in the same order as they do in the skeleton XML. Unfortunately, unless the person I am tracking is secretly eight feet tall, I don't think this is the case. I did notice that the XML has a ReorderMarkers property but I was unable to find any information as to what it does.

Any help on how to do this would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Other misc. information:
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Motive 1.10.3
  • NatNet 2.10.0
  • Baseline + Hinged Toes + Fingers skeleton