Total Latency using WinFormTestApp

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
tanim.islam

Total Latency using WinFormTestApp

Post by tanim.islam »

Hello,

I am trying to run an experiment to see how the Client Latency (or more specifically, the Software Latency) changes as the number of cameras changes. We are doing this test as I was informed that each camera must reference all other cameras in order to create and export the mesh data, thus increasing camera count would increase latency. I am using the WinFormTestApp sample client that ships with the NatNet SDK to do so. I have created a rigid body in Motive (using the three markers of the calibration wand) to track. The rigid body is stationary in the corner of the room, and I stream the rigid body data locally to the client app. I expected that as the camera count decreases, the latency would also decrease. As you can see from the attached pictures, this is not the case. The graphs I have attached is the "Total Latency" column of the client app, and as you can see, between 4, 5, and 6 cameras (all with good view of the rigid body), the total latency remains the same.

I was also hoping someone could shed some light on what Interframe time refers to (in the client app), as it is always larger than total latency, but when I looked at the source code it seemed like it was the time from camera to motive for a frame. So I'm not clear how that could be larger than the total latency time.

FYI I tried to use the TimingClient.exe that also ships with the SDK, but it would not run for me.

Thanks for any information!
Attachments
4cam.png
4cam.png (35.46 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
tanim.islam

Re: Total Latency using WinFormTestApp

Post by tanim.islam »

Sorry, for some reason its having a hard time posting the logs of the other runs.
Attachments
6cam.png
6cam.png (34.99 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
5cam.png
5cam.png (35.48 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
3cam.png
3cam.png (41.24 KiB) Viewed 2056 times