NatNet and LabVIEW

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
leon42

NatNet and LabVIEW

Post by leon42 »

I have managed to create a NatNet LabVIEW application using the .NET NatNetML libraries and callbacks. I am streaming the data from Motive.

In motive I have one asset with ID 1. In LabVIEW callback I receive exactly 1048 frames of the asset of ID 1. After that I receive frames of asset with ID 0 (non-existent) and all the data is 0. The number is always the same, regardless of camera frame rate (30 to 240 FPS).

I would like to receive frames via callbacks in order to have all frames available. Polling is out of the question.

Did anyone experience similar problems? Do I need to configure something else in NatNet that I missed? The application WinFormTestApp works perfectly fine all the time.
leon42

Re: NatNet and LabVIEW

Post by leon42 »

After some debugging I actually found a solution.

LabVIEW has a different way of handling the .NET functions. It opens a reference to the object and after an object has been opened, it needs to be closed programmatically. Now I fixed it and it seems to work.
Tamim

Post by Tamim »

Hiya, can you share the labview file? We're also trying to do a similar thing but facing problems.
Mousa

Post by Mousa »

Hey guys,

Can you please guide me on how to stream the data into matlab or Labview.
ddebecker841

Post by ddebecker841 »

Hi sorry to ask but does anyone have any working labview code to get the nat net DLL to work?

Thanks any help would be appreciated
target3d

Post by target3d »

Hi, just adding that this would also be really helpful for us.
Any advice / guidance on the current pipeline into LabView 2020 would be a huge help.