NatNet stream details

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
NathanielTagg

NatNet stream details

Post by NathanielTagg »

A few more random questions about NatNet streams:

- Is the "models updated" bit reliable? When does it get emitted, specifically?

- Is there a list of of bit meanings for the rigid body .params element?

- I'm seeing strangeness in the marker sets data. I'm testing with a recorded Take. Changes to marker sets in Motive correctly changes the data descriptions, but the frame data continues to show only the original marker sets in the data.

- Is there any way to correctly associate a marker in a markerSet with the full marker data (including ID number, error, and status bits)? If a marker is labelled in Motive, I don't see any way of associating the name with the marker in the NatNet data.

- In the next iteration, it would be convenient if the FrameOfMotiveData object could be a static struct (i.e. could be copied with memcpy instead of a copy function). I'm using a shared memory buffer to pass frames around, so it would be convienent. (I'm ok if the structure if variable length providing it's got a calculable max length for a given complexity.) Also, it looks to me like the data description contains very little that isn't in the data. Marker names and marker set strings are duplicated in the data, which is expensive. Either the data object should be trimmed down to use only numeric IDs, or the entire data+description should be transmitted.

Any thoughts on this appreciated, thanks.