NaNet Streaming integration with OpenTracker

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
debarjo

NaNet Streaming integration with OpenTracker

Post by debarjo »

Hello,

We are trying to retreive realtime data from Arena using the NaNet Streaming. Since most of our application are running on top of Opentracker, we are creating a driver for the NaNet protocol.

Folowing the example in the forum, we are able to get the data using UDP multicast. However how can we request the description of the data (i.e which markers and rigid bodies are present - Packet Message ID 5).
Using the multicast , we just receive Message ID 1 and 7. What kind of connection is needed to request Message ID 5.

This is done by the NaNet SDK example, however we cannot use the client example since it is using callback to pass the data.

Could you describe the connection to the server to request tracking description or provide the source code of the NaNetLib?
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: NaNet Streaming integration with OpenTracker

Post by morgan »

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with OpenTracker, but you should be able to use message id 4 to request a description of the data (message id 5).

e.g.

Code: Select all

Socket s;
Packet p;
sendto(s, (char *)p, 4, NULL, (sockaddr*)&HostAddress, sizeof(HostAddress));

We typically recommend using the NatNet client instead of direct packet decoding, as this protects the client app from changes in the bitstream. Is OpenTracker running under unix?
debarjo

Post by debarjo »

What I need to know is the protocol and port of the request connection. To get the framedata you are using a UDP multicast connection. To get the model definition, I need to connect to the server using UDP? to send the message ID 4 request packet? What port do I need to use? I.e in your short code example, what is the information to set up the socket, is it the same than the multicast configuration?

Opentracker also runs in Linux, it support already several devices and trackers. We already implemented a driver for the TrackIR camera and currently we are trying to do the same for the NaNet protocol (since we have bought the motion capture foundation package). We use the example from the forum to retreive the data and it works, we only need now to know where to send the request. The current implementation will support NaNet 1.4, since we can retreive the version information, extension to new version will be also possible.

Best Regards,
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Hi debarjo,

Please contact support and we can arrange to get you more detailed connect/depacketization routines.

Thanks,

Morgan
debarjo

Post by debarjo »

Dear Morgan,

I tried to contact the support by email using the form which is available online in support section, but I did not receive any email of confirmation about the form request.

Is there a direct method to send a support email.

Best Regards

Bruno Araujo
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

support @ naturalpoint.com