motion builder plugin

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
ritonv

motion builder plugin

Post by ritonv »

Hello,

I'm an intensive MotionBuilder user, and i' d like to know if it's possible to use the motion builder plugin without running Arena. In other words, because MB is a mocap application, do i have to buy Arena with your hardware ? Or is Arena the background app that send markers data to MB plugin ?
Thanks fotr your help.

Eric
VincentG

Re: motion builder plugin

Post by VincentG »

The Arena software needs to be activated, and running, to stream the marker data to MotionBuilder.
soreel3d

Post by soreel3d »

do the cameras have to be connected for the streaming of 2D or trajectorized data into motionbuilder? or can I just start Arena and then load the 2D data?
Birch

Post by Birch »

If you are streaming previously recorded data from Arena, then the cameras don't have to be "started". You can just stream the data.

Also, if your Arena software licensed is locked to one of your cameras (instead of to a Hardware Key), then you will need to have at least the licensed camera connected to your computer for Arena to run.

For additional clarification on your original question :

MotionBuilder is typically used for processing motion capture data from other sources and does not have the ability to generate the motion capture data from real human actors on its own.

On the other hand, the purpose of Arena is to generate motion capture data from real human actors. It does this by calibrating all of the 2D cameras, combining all the 2D camera output into a cloud of unlabeled 3D markers, and then finding the skeletons in those 3D markers. The resulting data Arena produces can then be sent to MotionBuilder. It is only possible to send data to our MotionBuilder plugin by using Arena.

If you have a different configuration in mind, please contact support@naturalpoint.com with a detailed description of what you'd like to accomplish.