Streaming "Other Markers" with Arena

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
nflow

Streaming "Other Markers" with Arena

Post by nflow »

As also mentioned in http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post33867, I just found out that Arena's streaming does not seem to be able to work with untracked/unlabeled markers (so-called "Other Markers" in the NatNet stream).

I found a quick trick to force Arena to at least stream that it is hosting a connection by adding a dummy rigid body. If I don't do that, the SampleClient just crashes and cannot instantiate a connection.

However, even if the connection does occur and I start receiving frame data, none of my "Other Markers" show up.

I thought the latest version of Arena did support this feature so I'm a bit confused about what to do.

In the past I have used Rigid Body Tool instead, but it does not do the job since for the application I'm doing, I need to have a very tight control on the marker tracking parameters. The Rigid Body Tool only allows to change the residual, minAngle, and min/max Ray.

Otherwise, is there a way to control via the client all the extra tracking parameters that we can find in Arena? I would prefer to work with Arena directly (considering the price I paid for it) but if there are no other options, I'll have to do it manually via the API.

Thanks,

Emmanuel
benjones2

Re: Streaming "Other Markers" with Arena

Post by benjones2 »

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I have similar needs: I want to able to use netNat to access positions of markers (with no particular ordering required) in real time from an external application.