Arena Streaming and OptiTrack Framework

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
benjones2

Arena Streaming and OptiTrack Framework

Post by benjones2 »

Is it possible to run Arena and use OptiTrack SDK to get grayscale images at the same time?

My initial test was to run the demo grayscale application, while trying to calibrate the arena system, and the grayscale app didn't update the display after starting Arena.

My eventual goal is to overlay a model based on the 3D marker positions onto live images of the actor.

Thank you
-Ben

EDIT:

I calibrated Arena, and played captured motion. I tried to start the grayscale application, but its window didn't open. Even after closing Arena, I had to unplug and replug the usb connection for the cameras (6) or the output was just "corrupt frame" or "dropped frame" in the grayscale demo app.
Birch

Re: Arena Streaming and OptiTrack Framework

Post by Birch »

It is not possible to run an OptiTrack SDK based application at the same time as Arena. Only one application can access the cameras at a time.

If you want to capture grayscale from a camera in Arena, consider trying the Scene A/V feature. That would allow you to record some of the grayscale video. Arena also supports overlaying the 3D view data on the scene video, such as a .x format model loaded for a tracked rigid body.