VRPN - multiple trackers with one callback function

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
philipw

VRPN - multiple trackers with one callback function

Post by philipw »

I'm trying to modify the VRPN-Listener example provided by OptiTrack. It seems with this method you need to hardcode in the tracker name for each object you want to track. I want to be able to add new trackers without modifying code but I can't figure out how.

On the VRPN website here it says
//The above routines only deal with the sensor to tracker transform. The routines
//handle the tracker to room transform, unit to sensor transform, and the trackers
// workspace (working volume). These currently come from the vrpn_Tracker.cfg on
// VRPN server or client. Have this set properly on the VRPN servers allows your
// application to run on different trackers without having to change any code or
// recompile!
So it seems like there's some way to do this, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks!
beckdo

Re: VRPN - multiple trackers with one callback function

Post by beckdo »

The Tracking Tools registers the names of all rigid bodies in the system with VRPN. From there, if you don't want to explicitly name the rigid bodies you want to receive tracking information for through VRPN, you'll likely need to determine how to query VRPN for a list of registered rigid bodies. I unfortunately, don't have the answer on how to do that as it's more of a VRPN question.

My suggestion would be to try to figure out how to do that by looking through the VRPN documentation & examples. If you're unsuccessful I would get yourself on the VRPN mailing list and ask the experts.
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: VRPN - multiple trackers with one callback function

Post by morgan »

Just a note - you can query the list of streamed rigid bodies using the NatNet SDK ;-)