Very bad TIR stutter

caaront

Re: Very bad TIR stutter

Post by caaront »

Try raising your frame rates, I set mine to 60 FPS, much less than that and mine stutters, but at 60 fps it is smooth as glass.
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

thanks for suggestion caaront but it did not work.

I did not notice any special requirements when I purchased TIR re-computer performance, eg frame rate levels,graphic card,or system requirements etc.but now as a fault appears we are supposed to look into the possibilities of the inadequacies of the above.

I would point out that I have far more fps available in FS9 compared to FSX, and FSX is running TIR spot on !
I have a reasonable system running 3ghz processor.8gb ram.and an 8800gt 500mb g/card,with FS9 on a dedicated drive,so I would have thought TIR would have been more than happy with that !

I am disappointed with the level of help from TIR hierarchy,we go days and days without any answers to our posts.

Alan
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, there's not much that we can do for this. I stand by the idea that it sounds like the system could use more access to resources. This is because when operating low to the ground the system has to render significantly more objects in detail. When using the TrackIR, it can put additional load on your system as it has to dynamically render the background images through windows. It is possible that the situation could be remedied or at least partially alleviated by running in a 64 bit environment with more access to system resources.

We do strive to give support to everyone who comes to the forums with questions, however it does sometimes take a day or two to get back to users. Please keep in mind that since our support hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm PST, if support requests come at the end of a week or on a weekend, they may not get answered until the following week.
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Unfortunately, there's not much that we can do for this. I stand by the idea that it sounds like the system could use more access to resources. This is because when operating low to the ground the system has to render significantly more objects in detail.

This problem occurs in the air too with little or no heavy graphics to cope with.

Alan
NaturalPoint - Mike

Out of curiosity, you mention you have a 3ghz processor, what kind is it?

What display driver version are you currently running?
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

Hi,

the details you ask for are:--Graphics driver version No. 6.14.11.6902

processor:-- Intel core Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Alan
NaturalPoint - Mike

Does the stutter occur at all when you move your head far enough that the windows are no longer on the screen?

Are you running a single monitor or multiple monitors?
alcav55

Post by alcav55 »

single.The stutter only stops when there is no movement in the sim parked/paused,and then it's fine.

Alan
NaturalPoint - Mike

Is there any way to view your cpu/gpu usage during a flight while it's stuttering? Would you be open to logging this information for use in troubleshooting? How about a remote desktop troubleshooting session to try to find the cause of the issue?