TrackIR 5 issues using Seth's Flight profile

Mobius494

TrackIR 5 issues using Seth's Flight profile

Post by Mobius494 »

Hello all-

Brand new to this forum (just registered 5 minutes ago). I've had TrackIR 5 since June and have yet to really use it because it's been frustrating. I believe there is a moderator on this site named Seth from Oregon who, in the past, provided two profiles for TrackIR 5 and FSX (profiles were Seth-FPS and Seth-FLIGHT). Seth, if you're here and read this, I would love some help :)

Your Flight profile seems to work well for the most part, except with yours, and every other profile I've tried to create on my own, I can't look down very far in the cockpit. I can look up, left and right with ease, but when I tilt my head down the view barely goes below the glare shield above the flight instruments and just stops. Therefore I can't look down at the majority of my instruments, my throttle, center console, etc. It seems the be the only main issue and I haven't figured out a way around it, even with toying with all of the curves and such.

Also, my view seems to be SUPER close to the windshield as if my nose is pressed up against the glass. I haven't come across a button that controls how close or far TrackIR sets you up in the cockpit. I sit about 3.5 feet away from the LED clip on the top of my monitor.

Aye, this peice of equipment seems to have great potential and I SORT OF have it set up in a comfortable way, but not getting to look all the way down (towards my feet basically, and in any direction) is a big hinderance. Does any one have [what they consider] a perfect FSX setup that they can share with me? I would love to get full use of out this hardware. I know it can do amazing things, I suppose I'm just too much of a novice to figure it all out completey. Thank you in advance for any help, tips or tricks.

Best regards,

Jarrett
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 5 issues using Seth's Flight profile

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Where is the TrackIR camera placed, in relation to your clip? Are you using the TrackClip (hat clip) or the TrackClip Pro (headphones clip)?
caaront

Post by caaront »

Try this:

look up a bit and hold your head there and then hit F12 tp center the T-IR, then you can look down and behind you.
dozzy177

Post by dozzy177 »

Jarrett, this happened to me at first, until I realised that my ClipPro was attached upside down on the headset ... !
martyb

Post by martyb »

Hi All

Not really a problem I'm using Seth Flight with FSX and i want to
adjust the Yaw to about 120-130 degrees instead of 180 degrees am i
missing something ?? i dont see how to do it

Thanks
Martyb
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Did you specifically want to limit just yaw to 120 degrees or all axes?
Sombrero

Post by Sombrero »

I just adjust the hat/clip. Usually, if I can't look down enough, I adjust the tip of the hat a bit downwards and then recenter (F12).