Widows 8 Drivers

Dastardly

Re: Widows 8 Drivers

Post by Dastardly »

[quote=Mykodacon]Unfortunately I am unable to revert back to Windows 7. Is this something the company is putting a high priority on, or would it be better for me to return the Trackir 5 at this time? [/quote]

Hahaha! I bet NaturalPoint didn't ask you to switch your version of Windows...and by your post, you got it when you were running Win7~
(PS: You did sound kinda scary though) :D
mmed

Post by mmed »

Any update on Windows 8 support?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately still in development. We are working to get it released as quickly as possible, however Windows 8 compatibility is only one of a handful of things that we wish to address with this release.
mmed

Post by mmed »

Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to the new release.
NaturalPoint - Mike

No problem. It's in active development at the moment and we're trying to get a few more issues taken care of in this cycle, keep an eye out!
ghd_2858

Post by ghd_2858 »

Windows 8 is available now via TechNet and MSDN. What's the current status? Is there any chance to release in minimum a beta driver? The workaround described on page 2 seems to be no longer working in the final version... It's quite some time ago since someone from Naturepoint actually made a statement. Where can I find the driver itself? Is there a chance to extract him from the installer? This would probably make it easier to find ways to get it working.
ghd_2858

Post by ghd_2858 »

I need to correct myself. I found a trackir zip file containing the driver and other stuff and i managed to install it using the described method.

How-to:
1. Download the trackir zip file containing the installer from the web
2. Download the latest trackir installer from the naturalpoint website
3. Install trackir using the installer
4. Follow the steps to temporary bypass the need for certified drivers
5. Open the device manager and manually install the driver for the unknown device (it is part of the installed zip file)

Hope this helps
ghd_2858

Post by ghd_2858 »

Here is the indirect link to the file...

http://www.bristolflightsimgroup.org.uk ... pic=2179.0

Stefan
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

I don't believe the link in that forum is still valid anymore. We do have a link to a manual installation method, but the one that we recommend is highly dependent on the issue you're experiencing, so it's probably best to contact us at support@naturalpoint.com for the link directly.

The reason we've been holding off is for exactly the purpose you have mentioned:

[quote=StefanG]The workaround described on page 2 seems to be no longer working in the final version...[/quote]

Releasing a version for a beta OS doesn't guarantee that it will work in final, so we have yet to release our Windows 8 compatible software. TrackIR will be going through final testing with the RTM release, and will be available before public release of Windows 8.
kusvit

Post by kusvit »

When already there is an updating for windows 8. To what times we will suffer? I am a beta a tester and the tracker is necessary for me. Windows 7 not to offer!!! On nvidia of the driver is, on motherboards there are drivers for windows 8. Why you have any problems?