HOTAS Warthog - TIR cannot differentiate throttle/stick

SparkyOV

HOTAS Warthog - TIR cannot differentiate throttle/stick

Post by SparkyOV »

I've mapped two hotkeys (Center and Pause) to HOTAS buttons (not using a TARGET software profile, just the default HID game controller mode of the hardware).

The "pause" is mapped to DirectX button 3 on the throttle (mic switch up). "Center" is mapped to DirectX button 4 on the stick (pinky paddle switch).

However, when I press button 3 (NWS) on the *stick*, TIR also pauses. Likewise, when I press button 4 (mic switch forward) on the *throttle*, TIR also centers.

From the profile:

Code: Select all

<Hotkey>
    <Name>Center</Name>
    <ActionID>1</ActionID>
    <Key>123</Key>
    <Enable>1</Enable>
    <Toggle>1</Toggle>
    <Trap>1</Trap>
    <IsDevice>1</IsDevice>
    <DeviceGuid>{AA3D4500-5739-11E1-8001-444553540000}</DeviceGuid>
    <ButtonID>3</ButtonID>
  </Hotkey>
  <Hotkey>
    <Name>Pause</Name>
    <ActionID>2</ActionID>
    <Key>120</Key>
    <Enable>1</Enable>
    <Toggle>1</Toggle>
    <Trap>1</Trap>
    <IsDevice>1</IsDevice>
    <DeviceGuid>{AA3D4500-5739-11E1-8002-444553540000}</DeviceGuid>
    <ButtonID>2</ButtonID>
  </Hotkey>
I've searched the registry and can't find those GUIDs anywhere. I've also checked the device properties of the controllers and it's not there either.

I saw this forum thread which partly describes my situation. Could this be the same problem?
skypara

Re: HOTAS Warthog - TIR cannot differentiate throttle/stick

Post by skypara »

Same problem here...

Windows 7x64
TrackIR 4+CLipPro
TrackIR software v.5.1.300
HOTAS Warthog stick and throttle.

I have assigned the "center view" command to one of my mike buttons on the Throttle. The problem is every time I press the pickle button on my Stick it centers the view as well. Surely very inconvenient.
Now as a workaround I do the following procedure: before starting the TrackIR software I disconnect the stick from the USB and leave only the Throttles. I start the TrackIR software and then reinsert the stick USB back. The software doesn't have double recognition for the "center" button anymore.
Yet, it is uncomfortable, sometimes I forget to do that and basically it is not the right way. Any ideas?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Ive got these in for review by development, hopefully we can recreate situations where multiple joysticks emulate the same button.
Sn1p

Post by Sn1p »

Hello all!

Any news on this issue? Bought a new TrackIR 5. I'm using the latest software und a TM Warthog. Problem still exists for me.

Thx for any help
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

None yet, but we should be coming up on a development run for TrackIR shortly and this is on our hot list for review.
allmhuran

Post by allmhuran »

I am noticing the same thing. I have a TM warthog and am playing DCS A10, which has *nearly* all of the functions of the HOTAS mapped to in game functions (for obvious reasons).

Just like the OP, I would also like to use the paddle (one of only a few unassigned inputs) for TIR center. And like the OP, I notice that if I make that assignment, then using one of the mic switches in game also causes the view to centre, because they are the same per-device control input in directx (button 4), and TIR doesn't recognise that I want to use input 4 on the stick only.

Mike, your post on this topic is from quite a while ago now... has there been any progress?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

I posted on this a few months ago, and they said they would be looking into it.
It would really be nice if they could do something about this, it does not seem to be able to differentiate between button id's on separate devices, or at least so it seems...
temp

Post by temp »

Please fix this guys this has been a problem since along time ago. Recently upgraded to TIR5 and we still having this issue.

Only way to get around it from memory is to install a joy to keyboard mapper and catch the joystick presses, and have them send keyboard strokes, and map the TIR functions to those key presses.

But it's 2013, we shouldn't need to right?
temp

Post by temp »

Here is the original post from when I had this issue, circa 2011.

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post46735
bigbigspender

Post by bigbigspender »

Just wanted to post here and say that I'm having the same issue as well - very disappointing to see that the issue has existed for so long.

Its the little things like this that make it hard to recommend products to friends